As Ecuador is crossed by the Equatorial line, it is said to be at the centre of the world. Its territory, 283,560 km2, is made up of four regions: Pacific Coast, Andes, Amazon and the Galapagos Islands.
Described as “The country of the four worlds”, it has an excellent road network and airport infrastructure, 12 hours of light every day and two seasons: winter and summer. Travelling to Ecuador is discovering a treasure at every step.
The country that loves life has a diversity of climatic regions and short distances among destinations that allows one to travel through beaches, mountains, volcanoes, and lush vegetation and conservation sites.
KEY SELLING POINTS:
- Ecuador has been chosen by the World Travel Awards as the leading Green Destination of the World for ve consecutive years, due to the environmental care and sustainable practices in tourism.
- It is the most biodiverse country in the world in relation to its size. It has 45 protected areas where more than 130 species of plants grow. In addition, it has seven Biosphere reserves declared by UNESCO.
- In Galapagos, located about 1000 km from mainland Ecuador, there are the Darwin and Wolf Islands that holds the greatest amount of shark biomass in the world. These areas of Marine Sanctuary, are part of this Natural Heritage of Humanity declared by UNESCO in 1978.
GETTING ACQUAINTED WITH SOME OF THE ACTIVITIES AT THE CENTRE OF THE WORLD
- Tours and walks pass through a hundred volcanoes at the centre of the world. Meet Chimborazo, the highest volcano in the world from the centre of the earth. In addition, Cotopaxi, Illinizas, Cayambe, Guagua Pichincha, Tungurahua, and Corazón are places to admire the world from above.
- Visit two regions aboard Tren Ecuador (Ecuador Train) to appreciate the diversity of the Andes and the Pacific Coast considered one of the World’s Best Luxury Trains, chosen by the World Travel Awards.